Ps-i is an environment for running agent-based simulations.
It is cross-platform, with binaries available for Win32.
Ps-i is hosted on SourceForge. Project summary and status.
Users of Ps-i
(Note: if you are using Ps-i and want to be included in this list please e-mail
me about it)
Version 5.2.7 features
- Effect code allows advanced users to develop agent rules to "push" attributes onto other agents (such as attacks)
- New Command Window allows users to input TCL command directly into the PS-I interface
- New memoization techniques implemented to optimize model speeds
- Documentation for PS-I 5.2.7 vastly improved (see below)
- Ability to treat two separate repertoires as one, allowing for a new repertoire size of 112 identities
- New set of sample models to orient new users
- Improved logging capability for debugging and testing
Version 3.0.3 features
- Rules viewer
- Moderated jump bias evolution process
- Realtime syntax feedback
- More field editing capabilities
- More routines for manipulation of repertoires and sets
- Self test suite
- Default NONE agentclass that describes empty agents.
- More icons to represent agents in field viewer.
Version 2.4.0 featuers
- selection tool allows to select areas using geometrical figures and mathematical expressions
- effect tool allows to change attributes of agents in an area created by selection tool according to user-defined expressions
- improved interactivity
- support for tcl scripts embedded in model specification files
- hash functions that can be used to generate repeatable random sequences
- templatized creation of new model specification files (ABIR model, currently)
- dynamic addition of attributes
Version 2.2.0 features
- declarative language for model specification
- industry standard Tcl/Tk scripting
- with built-in routine optimization, speculative evaluation and xf86 JIT compiler users can create complex models without sacrificing perfomance
- user friendly interface
- save and restore program runs
- change model parameters on the fly
- data visualization: field display with multiple agent shapes and color, statistics window, agent viewer, routine browser and highlight agents tool
Instructions on accessing ps-i cvs repository.